Posted by : Nov Tuesday 5 July 2016


Yo, peeps. Kuromi here. Today we're gonna take a look at one of the most recently released anime, Oppa-- I mean, Masou Gakuen HxH. The first episode had been released on 1st of July and in just one night, it is already ranked one of the most viewed episode in stream sites like Crunchyroll and on unofficial sites alike. So in today's post, I'll be ranting about what I can say about this anime from the first episode. 

Remember, it's just an impression and it won't cover the whole series. Also take note, I'm not going to make an episode-by-episode reviews. I'll only make reviews when the series had already ended or when it's about to end. So without further ado, let's get going!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So the episode already started with a rather... 'heated up' scene. Kizuna, the main character, is currently 'charging' up his 'friend', Himekawa. I can't really explain how the process goes, so I just leave some teaser images to show the 'atmosphere' below:




Don't worry, folks. They merely in the process of 'charging up'... if you know what I mean, huehue. No really, they're charging up energy for real. From this scene I can already guess two things on how will this series go. One, this might be just another 12 episodes anime. Light novel adaptation, remember. Two, unnecessary erotic scene for every 5 minutes on each coming episodes.

It might go well with fans who watched just for the fan service. But to me, I prefer story or plot than anything else. More specifically, thrills. However, it might be good to have some guilty pleasures every now and then, right? 


So there are three heroines in this series. That means harem genre confirmed. Each heroine had their own generic tropes, rich girl, tsundere, kuudere. But all three of them had one trait in common besides their hair colours and personality. That's right, you hopeless perverts. I'm talking about...

Boobs... or oppai, whatever.

Does breasts really matter? I guess when it comes to selling via fan service, it's a staple, no questions asked. All three heroines have 'canons', so to all 'justice' supporter, I'm sorry. There are no flats here... yet. We have still yet to see the coming episodes, so who knows when a 'flat' character might come. I mean, if they really wanna sell this series right, there have to be one at least. But that's all from generic build up in these kinds of anime. Who knows what'll they're gonna do with this series.

Also, since this is their first release, that means no Blu-ray like content yet. I'm talking about censorship. That's right, censored scenes everywhere. Not just those 'convenient ray of light' kind of censors, but also stack on censors. 



So putting aside boobies and fan service aside, I have to say the animations are pretty good and colours are, well, colourful. The action scenes are quite good even with the 3D rendered animations, though it felt too... secondary. I guess that's normal because they ARE selling this anime by their fan service, which is rather disappointing. If they actually put more effort in the action side of the story, it might become a rather good 'more-than-just-boobies' anime. Seriously, they put more effort in the jiggle physics and groping scenes.

There are yet any opening or ending theme songs, but at least the soundtrack showed some promise. It's actually pretty good, both in action and erotic scenes. Yes, it sounds really good in erotic scenes as well. I really hope the opening and ending songs will be good, at least as good as the theme songs used in High School DxD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So to summarize things up, here are my impressions on this episode.

Pros:
- Fluid animations
- Quality 3D animations
- Awesome soundtracks
- Vivid colours and beautiful arts
- Great voice acting

Cons:
- Generic borderline-hentai level ecchi plot
- Pathetic protagonist
- Generic tropes
- Might be a really short series
- Less action, more 'action'
- Boobies
- Boobies
- Boobies
- Did I mentioned boobies?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it folks, my first impressions on Masou Gakuen HxH's first episode. I'll be doing a full review by the time this anime series ends, and I can guess it's not gonna be that a long wait. I'll be doing some of these first impressions more soon as the summer anime batch for 2016 are finally out. So be sure to come back often for more updates in the future.

I'm Kuromi, signing out. Be seeing you guys next time, and as always, keep on reading.

-----------------
P/S - I really hope more people will donate to this site, my keyboards kinda busted and I need a new one. Thanks in advance to those who did.

Leave a Reply

I'm all ears guys. Let's discuss stuff!

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © OtaKuromi - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -